Monday, August 18, 2008

Knowles partied to woo producers


Knowles partied to woo producers
Singer Solange Knowles persuaded superproducer Mark Ronson and Gnarls Barkley's Cee-Lo Green to work on her new album - by impressing them with her hard partyingBeyonce's sister cornered the pair at an aftershow for the Grammy awards earlier this year (08) and convinced them to produce tracks for her second LP Sol-Angel and the Hadley St Dreams.

She had spoken to Ronson on the day of the ceremony and got him to agree to work on the record - but thought he was just trying to get rid of her.

Knowles tells music magazine NME, "Then, after the Grammys I thought, 'I'm not going to hear from this dude for the rest of my life'. But then I ran into him at a party. He was definitely in his celebrating shoes.

"But he said, 'Just because I've won this Grammy it doesn't mean I won't work on your record'. I had to party with Cee-Lo too to get him to work on the record."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home