Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Madhuri is back!


Madhuri is back!

Madhuri Dixit is back, in the city as well as on screen!

Yes, the dhak-dhak girl stepped out of the Mumbai international airport at 2.30 am yesterday, her familiar million dollar grin lighting up the early morning.

The long-haul flight from her home in Denver, LA, had done nothing to wilt the face that has launched so many Bollywood hits. In fact, Madhuri looked as fresh as a proverbial daisy. At that hour too, the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is a beehive of activity, and it did not take more than a few seconds for passengers and their relatives to recognise her. “It’s always a warm feeling to touch Mumbai’s soil,” said Madhuri waving out to strangers. “The people, the air, and things around, all have a sense of familiarity. It’s an extremely comforting feeling for me.”

She is back for little more than a fortnight. Last time she was here, it was to shoot over seven months for her comeback film Aaja Nachle , produced by the Yashraj banner. This time, she has come to promote the film. “That’s why I did not bring along my sons Arin and Ryan, as I’m here for only 20 days. My husband Ram is joining me later,” she said.

Madhuri intends to pack in as much as she can in these 20 days. Visiting reletives, meeting filmmakers and, yes, promoting the film. “I am very proud and happy with the film. And even though I have seen it all, there is still a sense of anxiety, excitement and nervousness before a new release, that’s because the audiences can always spring a surprise,” said the gorgeous actress.

The moment she landed, Madhuri asked about the latest buzz in Mumbai on Om Shanti Om and Saawariya . “But I don’t want to be influenced by others’ opinions, so I am going to see both films myself, and very soon, though I don’t know which one I am going to see first. I have worked with Sanjay in Devdas , and I know his mad love for filmmaking. And Shah Rukh Khan, well, he’s been one of my favourite co-stars. I love him and his unbounding energy. I am going to watch OSO for him,” Madhuri revealed.

She regretted that she could not get home in time for Diwali, last week. “Diwali in Denver, is a time to gorge on sweets. And I ate so many, put on so many calories, that I was afraid to come back like that,” she reported. “Fortunately, I could get rid of the weight as well. I am coming here to promote my new film and I can’t afford to be seen with any extra flab!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home