Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Diwali dhamaka on Box-offce!



Diwali dhamaka on Box-office!
The biggest explosion on Diwali tomorrow will be at the box-office where two of the most extravagant films of 2007, Farah Khan’s Om Shanti Om and Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Saawariya, will open simultaneously.


Bollywood’s grapevine reveals that OSO, with Shah Rukh Khan and newcomer Deepika Padukone, and Saawariya with newcomers Ranbir Kapoor and Sonam Kapoor, are neck-to-neck in the popularity charts.

And that the actual rivalry is between the filmmakers. However, BT spoke to Farah and Sanjay on the eve of their respective releases and found out otherwise. This is what they had to say...

‘It will be a double bonanza tomorrow’
Sanjay Leela Bhansali on Farah Khan and Om Shanti Om

“It’s the week of my release and I’m not thinking of anything at this point,” said Sanjay Leela Bhansali brushing aside talk of any rivalry with Om Shanti Om director Farah Khan.

“I love Farah a little more than she does me,” he added. “A film here and there won’t really change the equation we’ve shared for so many years. There’s no rivalry, but yes, there was a misunderstanding and I was hurt because I have always respected Farah. We go back a long way. We started our careers together in 1942, A Love Story. It has been a tough journey for us without any godfathers. But 14 years later, we are releasing our own films. We have laughed, joked and had our share of problems, but we are aware of each other’s evolvement.”

Is he going to see Om Shanti Om ? “Of course, in a week or so, but this Diwali should be a double bonanza for viewers, and there ought to be double the amount of firecrackers burst. Why should there be competition? Let the audience enjoy this wonderful moment of two big films coming together and I pray that both of them create a dhamaka. Everyone should be happy and merry. Films come and go, but good relationships with people remain and I cherish my friendship with Farah.”


‘I need Sanjay’s prayers and wishes’
Farah Khan on Sanjay Leela Bhansali and Saawariya

“As it is, I am stressed out and tense with my own release and condition to be bothered about this allegation,” laughed Farah Khan, who is expecting triplets and was running around at the last minute with Om Shanti Om’s release. “There is no tension between Sanjay Leela Bhansali and me but, you can say, I am too focussed on my four babies to worry about somebody else’s.”

However, being a big film buff, Farah admitted she would be seeing Saawariya in the next ten days. “I haven’t missed any of Sanjay’s films so far. But my condition doesn’t allow me to sit in one place for long and it will be difficult for me to watch my own film in the theatre,” she said According to her, there was no feud with Sanjay, and this was all media hype. “It’s natural for a filmmaker to be stressed out about another big release around the same time. Sanjay and I are no exceptions. Once both the films are released, we will be back to our normal, happy grind,” she added.

As for wishing him love and luck, Farah said, “Sanjay is a far bigger and better director than I am. I think he should wish me! He has made a bigger film than mine. I need his prayers.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home