Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Bipasha Basu: I’m very happy being single

Bipasha Basu: I’m very happy being single

You are glowing. Love is in the air?
“Of course, life is ‘love’ly!”

Contemporaries Abhishek-Aishwarya have settled down. Marriage on the cards for you?
“Abhishek is my contemporary, but Aishwarya is my senior. Right now, I’m not keen to follow in their footsteps. I’m very happy being single at this time.”


Single?
“No, I am not single completely. I’m very happy with the way John and I are. We’re in a very stable relationship. At the same time, I’m very happy with the kind of work I’m doing. I believe there is an alarm in you which rings when you want to get married. My alarm is not ringing, not yet at least!

John in long hair or John in short hair?
“Short hair, for sure! John is gorgeous. He’s looking younger, fitter and too good. Rocky S and I convinced him to get a haircut, I’m so glad he did!”


Kareena calls beau John ‘expressionless’. Your reaction?
“You have to ask John for his reaction. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I totally respect that. I feel Kareena has too many expressions and I said that way before she made her comment. My interview was recorded way before, but many people thought that I was simply taking revenge because of what she said about John. I am not that foolish. It’s a fun show and not meant to be taken so seriously!”
So is the hatchet buried between the two of you? “I don’t see a problem at all.”


We hear Arshad and you are at war…
“This hype and controversy is all very petty. Arshad is a fantastic actor and he has done a marvelous job in Goal.

So these trivialities and petty discussions are best forgotten. We are professionals, and our job is not to make friends on set. It’s to have a great working environment and to get the job done and that’s what we did.

Yes, Arshad was with his family, I was with John, I guess we didn’t bond that much , but that doesn’t mean that there were fights. All this is so ridiculous!”


Tell us something about your Cannes experience.
“It was my first time at Cannes. The people out there are really passionate about films. It’s a great place to interact because everyone there shares the same love - movies. Mine was a very short visit, but I got a lot of attention. I think it’s because I was Indian, and because of the Indian outfit that I was wearing.”

Your Goal?
“I’m looking forward to doing good work, as well as all my releases. From Goal, Race and Mr. Fraud to an art house film called Pankh.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home